Featured Hot Homes for Sale in Rio Rancho NM
Click below to see our featured homes for sale in Rio Rancho.
909 Country Club Drive SE A Rio Rancho, New Mexico
2 Beds 2 Baths 1,036 SqFt 0.040 Acres
3305 Esplanade Circle SE Rio Rancho, New Mexico
2 Beds 2 Baths 1,505 SqFt 0.070 Acres
618 Eastlake Court SE Rio Rancho, New Mexico
1 Beds 1 Baths 1,068 SqFt 0.080 Acres
208 Pearl Drive NE Rio Rancho, New Mexico
2 Beds 1 Baths 952 SqFt 0.130 Acres
|Learn the value of your home||Search for your dream home|
|Get New Property Alerts to your Email||List Your Property with Myers & Myers Real Estate
Homes for Sale in Rio Rancho, NM
Nestled more than 5,000 feet above sea level, Rio Rancho is a city located in Sandoval County, encompassing a total area of roughly 100 square miles. It is the largest city and economic hub of the county and is included as part of the expansive Albuquerque Metro Area.
Known as “The City of Vision,” Rio Rancho offers a mild desert climate that makes it a popular year-round destination for live performances and sporting events, sightseeing tours, outdoor adventures, and other fun activities. It is one of New Mexico’s fastest-growing cities and is conveniently located close to Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and other terrific nearby destinations.
Located on the bank of Rio Grande and boasting panoramic views of the majestic Sandia Mountains, Rio Rancho is a scenic and family-friendly place to call home with plenty of amenities and attractions to offer. Within city limits are over 50 beautiful parks, an extensive network of hiking and biking trails, several community aquatic centers, and many more terrific amenities.
For those searching for an excellent alternative to nearby Albuquerque, Rio Rancho is definitely hard to top. It boasts top-quality schools, a great reputation for being one of the state’s safest places to live, modest housing costs, and a robust economy. Once known as a sleepy suburb of Albuquerque, Rio Rancho has now transitioned into a bustling economic hub, with major employers such as Intel and Hewlett-Packard adding over 2,500 jobs over the past several years.
Search Rio Rancho Real Estate Listings By Price
- Under $100,000
- $100,000 to $200,000
- $200,000 to $300,000
- $300,000 to $400,000
- $400,000 to $500,000
- Over $500,000
Search Houses For Sale In Rio Rancho NM By Neighborhood
Trending Rio Rancho Real Estate Searches By Property Type
- New Listings On The Market Less Than 7 Days
- Single Story Homes For Sale In Rio Rancho
- 2 Story Homes For Sale In Rio Rancho
- Open Houses
- Homes With 3 Or More Garage Spaces
- Single-Family Homes For Sale
- Condos For Sale
- Luxury Homes For Sale
- Gated Communities
- Homes With Land
- Homes With A Swimming Pool
- Lots and Land For Sale
Homes For Sale In Rio Rancho NM
Explore the newest homes for sale in Rio Rancho by clicking on the images below.
3206 Falkirk Court NE Rio Rancho, New Mexico
4 Beds 4 Baths 3,815 SqFt 0.930 Acres
3315 Ilford Road NE Rio Rancho, New Mexico
4 Beds 4 Baths 3,142 SqFt 0.500 Acres
3128 Vatapa Road NE Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 Beds 4 Baths 3,123 SqFt 0.500 Acres
7104 Lookout Road NE Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 Beds 4 Baths 3,154 SqFt 0.180 Acres
You can also search all of the newest listings of Rio Rancho homes for sale.
Find New Homes In Rio Rancho NM
Explore new construction in Rio Rancho by clicking the images below.
3315 Ilford Road NE Rio Rancho, New Mexico
4 Beds 4 Baths 3,142 SqFt 0.500 Acres
5572 Baranca Overlook Court NE Rio Rancho, New Mexico
3 Beds 3 Baths 2,102 SqFt 0.520 Acres
705 8Th Street NE Rio Rancho, New Mexico
3 Beds 3 Baths 2,433 SqFt 0.500 Acres
7217 Nagoya Road NE Rio Rancho, New Mexico
4 Beds 2 Baths 2,362 SqFt 0.500 Acres
Map Search Homes For Sale In Rio Rancho NM
Schools in Rio Rancho, NM
Public schools in Rio Rancho are served by the Rio Rancho Public Schools district. The school district administers a total of 18 schools, which includes ten elementary schools, four middle schools, two high schools, and two alternative high schools.
Rio Rancho is also home to several institutes of higher learning, which include:
- Central New Mexico Community College Rio Rancho (CNM Rio Rancho)
- University of New Mexico Health Sciences – Rio Rancho
- New Mexico Highlands University
Children who live in Rio Rancho are part of the Rio Rancho Public School district. In addition to the public schools, there are several private schools in the area, as well. We can help you find a home near the school of your choice – just let us know where you want to be and we’ll start searching immediately.
- Eagle Ridge
- Mountain View
- Rio Rancho Cyber Academy
- Rio Rancho
- The Ask Academy
Find Rio Rancho Houses With An Area Expert Today
When you’re ready to explore the Rio Rancho real estate market, we’re here to help. Check out our great home buying tips and tips to sell your home. The first step in the home buying process is to get pre-qualified for a mortgage. Check to see if you qualify for the first-time home buyers program or a VA home mortgage.
Call us at 505-401-7500 or contact us online to tell us what you want from your next home. We’ll start searching right away.
Search Homes For Sale In Cities Near Rio Rancho
- Albuquerque Homes For Sale
- Corrales Homes For Sale
- Valencia County Homes For Sale
- Placitas NM Houses For Sale
Rio Rancho’s history at a glance
- The majority of Rio Rancho was initially part of the Town of Alameda Grant, which was founded in 1710 by Spanish settlers. Most of the land grant was sold to property investment companies by the early 20th century.
- In 1961, New Jersey-based real estate and media services company AMREP Corporation bought more than 55,000 acres in the area as an investment, which they used to establish a housing development. They named the housing development “Rio Rancho Estates,” which became the home of the city’s first residents in the 1960s.
- With the help of Ezio Valentini, one of Cape Coral, Florida’s original developers, a strategic marketing plan was set in motion by AMREP, which helped increase Rio Rancho’s population between 1970 and 1980. At the time of its incorporation in 1981, the city had a population of more than 10,000.
- Intel Corporation, the world’s largest single producer of computer chipsets, made a significant positive impact on Rio Rancho’s economy by opening a major plant in the city in 1981.
- In the 1990s, steps designed to make Rio Rancho more independent from Albuquerque were made, which included establishing a separate school district and library system as well as efforts to attract more businesses to the area.
- One of the city’s latest major projects is the Downtown City Center, which is home to the Rio Rancho City Hall, the UNM Health Sciences Rio Rancho Campus and UNM Sandoval Regional Medical Center, the CNM Rio Rancho Campus, and the Santa Ana Star Center.
Houses for sale in Rio Rancho, NM
A wide variety of top-quality real estate options are available for anyone searching for the perfect home in Rio Rancho, NM. Homes for sale here can accommodate any type of lifestyle or budget, with options ranging from comfortable townhomes and condos, new construction single-family homes in quiet neighborhoods, to luxurious golf course homes in master-planned communities and almost everything in between.
Those planning to relocate to Rio Rancho can look forward to a high quality of life in a picturesque environment, as many neighborhoods in the area take efforts to preserve the look of the homes and the community as a whole. Whether you love soaking up the sun and the endless sky or enjoy views of the pink-tinted Sandia Mountains right from your porch, you’ll find many homes surrounded by picture-perfect views.
Many homes in Rio Rancho offer a perfect balance between comfort, style, and convenience as well. In addition to offering easy access to nearby amenities such as shops, restaurants, parks, trails, and other recreational destinations, most homes are equipped with an array of top-quality features, offering residents a comfortable and laidback lifestyle. Some of the common features you’ll be able to find in Rio Rancho homes for sale include:
- Beautifully maintained yards
- Spacious porches, patios, balconies, sundecks, and other outdoor features
- Well-designed open floor plans
- Stylish living rooms equipped with a fireplace
- Large gourmet kitchens with granite countertops and high-quality stainless steel appliances
- Oversized baths featuring jetted tubs and double glass showers
- Abundant storage space
- Additional rooms perfect as a guest room or home office
- Gorgeous master bedrooms with large walk-in closets and panoramic views
Rio Rancho, NM real estate market statistics
- Median listing price: $219,000
- Median price per square foot: $139
- Average number of bedrooms/baths: 3 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms
- Median home size: 2,290 square feet
Top employers in Rio Rancho
Some of the largest employers in the Rio Rancho area include:
- Intel Corporation
- HP, Inc.
- U.S. Air Force
- University of New Mexico
- Sandia National Laboratories
- Presbyterian Healthcare Services
The city of Rio Rancho is connected to the New Mexico Rail Runner Express station at Journal Center through ABQ RIDE, a local transit agency that serves Albuquerque. ABQ RIDE is the largest public transportation in New Mexico, operating a variety of city bus routes which include two Albuquerque Rapid Transit (ART) lines, and a Rapid Ride express bus line.
Senior citizens 62 years of age and older and disabled adults 18 years of age or older in Rio Rancho have access to the Rio Rancho Dial-a-Ride, a weekday door-to-door paratransit service operated by the Rio Metro Regional Transportation District.
Areas covered by the service include Rio Rancho city limits, the Cottonwood Mall Area, and Albuquerque (only for medical appointments).
Lifestyle in Rio Rancho, NM
Rio Rancho has its fair share of great restaurants, shops, and things to do. We’re only minutes from Albuquerque, as well, which means you have even more variety just a short drive away.
Rio Rancho’s selection of dining venues offers an enticing variety of fresh, multicultural dishes that are guaranteed to satisfy your taste buds. The city and its residents take pride in their rich cuisine that features fantastic recipes from across the country as well as different parts of the world.
Here are three top-rated restaurants in Rio Rancho for you to visit:
- Uncle T’s – Recently established in 2019, Uncle T’s is one of the newest additions to Rio Rancho’s stellar collection of dining venues. This is the place to head to if you’re craving for the best gourmet sandwiches (or “sangwiches” as the place likes to call them) in town. All of their handcrafted sandwiches are heaven in a bun. If you were to pick just one, be sure to try their Prime Brisket, which is made with juicy slow smoked brisket, Wisconsin cheddar cheese, ripe tomatoes, red onions, spring lettuce mix, and house BBQ sauce, all on a warm, toasty sourdough bread – definitely a must-have.
- Namaste – Namaste has been delighting diners since 2008 with their extensive menu of delicious Indian and Nepalese comfort food made with fresh, high-quality ingredients. The restaurant features two locations in Rio Rancho, and has won several awards, including Albuquerque Magazine’s Best of the City in 2016.
- Joe’s Pasta House – One of the most popular dining spots in Rio Rancho, Joe’s Pasta House serves traditional Italian-American cuisine with a New Mexican flair that will impress even the toughest food critics. Open since 1999, this family-owned and operated restaurant treats diners to outstanding dishes from family recipes straight from the owner’s Sicilian grandmother’s very own kitchen. In addition to their exceptional pastas, Joe’s also serves hand-cut steaks, chops, and fresh seafood. Be sure to order some of their award-winning Green Chile Chicken Ravioli, which features the perfect blend of traditional Italian and New Mexican cuisine.
If you’re looking for more detailed information on Rio Rancho’s incredible dining scene, check out Visit Rio Rancho’s Dining Guide.
Rio Rancho is home to several state-of-the-art facilities designed for a wide variety of sports. Each year, the city attracts athletes and countless spectators who look forward to an exciting lineup of competitions in the national, regional, and statewide level.
In addition, the city’s close proximity to Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and other recreational destinations throughout New Mexico give visitors and locals something to look forward to no matter what season, whether they’re a competitor or spectator.
Some of the sports facilities you can find in Rio Rancho are:
- McDermott Athletic Center
- Bernalillo Soccer Tournament Complex
- Rio Rancho Sports Complex
- Rio Rancho Events Center
- Ten Pins and More Bowling Lanes
Rio Rancho residents of all ages enjoy a variety of unforgettable events every year. Here’s a quick look at some of the annual events held in and around Rio Rancho:
- Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta – The world-renowned Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta has been thrilling guests from all over the world for over three decades. Held during the first week of October, the event treats spectators to a dazzling show, turning the sky into an arena where gigantic colorful hot air balloons take center stage.
- Park n’ the Park Car Show – Held at Cabezon Park, Park n’ the Park is an annual event and car show that brings more than 300 vintage automobiles, muscle cars, custom cars, street rods, trucks, and other vehicles to the city of Rio Rancho. The event however, is not just geared towards car enthusiasts – guests of all ages can join in the fun as a variety of food stalls, arts and crafts vendors, live performances, and family friendly attractions are also available at the event.
- Annual Pork & Brew – Hosted by Visit Rio Rancho, the Annual Pork & Brew is one of New Mexico’s longest running food festivals. The three-day event brings together the top barbeque vendors throughout the region, treating guests to an unforgettable feast filled with mouthwatering BBQ, craft beers, live music, and fun activities for the entire family.
- Winterfest Arts & Crafts Festival – The Winterfest Arts & Crafts Festival is the perfect event to check out, especially for Rio Rancho residents who need some last minute holiday shopping. Hosted by the city’s Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department, the event features a plethora of handcrafted items, artworks, and other unique gift items from artists, crafters, and hobbyists from around the community.
Public Parks and Recreation in Rio Rancho
Rio Rancho has several great parks and recreational spaces. Some of the most notable include:
- A Park Above
- Hynes Park
- Cabezon Park
Parks, trails, and outdoor destinations
Outdoor lovers in Rio Rancho enjoy exploring scenic parks, trails, bike paths, and open space located throughout the city. Here are a few outdoor destinations for you to discover in and around Rio Rancho:
- A Park Above – Located just off Westside Boulevard, A Park Above is New Mexico’s first fully inclusive and accessible playground. Encompassing over six acres, the park was designed to be an all-inclusive social play environment, with amenities such as play and activity areas with special surfaces, adaptive swings/wheelchair swings, and ADA-compliant ramps throughout.
- Coronado Historic Site – Located just north of Rio Rancho, the Coronado Historic Site was originally the site of a 14th-century Tewa Native American pueblo where Spanish explorer Francisco Vasquez de Coronado camped from 1540 to 1542. Part of the Museum of New Mexico system, this archaeological site is the perfect place to visit for families looking to spend time outdoors while learning more about the area’s rich history.
- Quiet Waters Paddling Adventures – If you’re looking forward to an unforgettable adventure on the historic Rio Grande Bosque, visit Quiet Water Paddling Adventures for guided kayak and canoe trips, self-guided float trips, and paddlecraft rentals. Check out their website for details and reservations.
Ready to start your search for the perfect home for sale in Rio Rancho? Get in touch with us at Myers & Myers Real Estate today by calling 505.401.7500, or send an email to [email protected].