Preparing Albuquerque, Rio Rancho Homes To Sell
Well-polished Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, and Corrales homes appeal to more buyers and will sell for a higher price and in a shorter time. Buyers of Albuquerque homes, Rio Rancho homes, and Corrales homes feel more comfortable purchasing a well-cared for home because if what they can see is maintained, what they can’t see has probably also been maintained. Sellers need to consider the following three items when preparing their home for sale:
- How much money should to invest
- Curb appeal
- Preparing the interior of the home
How Much Should Sellers Spend
Sellers should invest as little money as possible in preparing Albuquerque homes, Rio Rancho homes, and Corrales for the market. Potential buyers may be impressed by a new roof, extensive remodels, new heating systems, and new air conditioners but aren’t likely to pay sellers enough extra money for your home to recover their investment. Sellers need to focus on making minor repairs such as putting new knobs on cabinets and a fresh coat of neutral paint instead of extensive and costly renovations, like a new kitchen remodel. John Myers is familiar with buyers of Albuquerque homes, Rio Rancho homes, and Corrales homes and will advise you specifically on the best investments be made. John Myers has relationships with contractors that will perform much this work for sellers.
Sellers of Albuquerque homes, Rio Rancho homes, and Corrales homes should take the time with as little money as possible to maximize the exterior of their homes. Tips to enhance your home’s exterior and curb appeal:
- Trim all shrubs
- Remove low branches on trees that block the view of your home
- Remove all weeds
- Paint any trim that has faded or blistered
- Paint or stain the front door
- Repair or remove rain gutters and downspouts
- Repair and replace loose or damaged roof shingles
- Keep your garage door closed.
- Store RVs or old and beaten up cars elsewhere while the house is on the market.
- Remove all debris from the front and back yard
- Mow the lawn on a regular basis
- Edge the lawn along sidewalks and driveways
- Keep the lawn and all vegetation watered
Maximize Interior Appeal
Sellers of Albuquerque homes, Rio Rancho homes, and Corrales homes enhance the interior of their homes and
- Give every room in the house a thorough cleaning
- Remove all the clutter from every room, this alone will make your house appear bigger and brighter. You might consider renting storage garages and move out all clutter and even some furniture to create a sleeker more spacious look.
- You may want to consider hiring a professional cleaning service every few weeks while the house is on the market.
- Remove items from kitchen counters to expose maximum counter space
- Remove items from the floor of walk in closets so prospects have easy access
- Hold a garage sale at this time.
- If necessary, repaint dingy soiled or strongly colored walls with a neutral shade of paint, such as off-white or beige. The same neutral scheme can be applied to carpets, ceramic tile, and linoleum.
- Check for cracks, leaks, and signs of dampness in the attic and basement.
- Repair cracks, holes or damage to plaster, wallboard, wallpaper, paint, and tiles.
- Replace broken or cracked windowpanes, moldings, and other woodwork. Inspect and repair the plumbing, heating, cooling, and alarm systems.
- Repair dripping faucets and showerheads. Buying showy new towels for the bathroom, to be brought out only when prospective buyers are on the way.
- Spruce up a kitchen in need of more major remodeling by investing in new cabinet knobs, new curtains, or a coat of neutral paint.