The thought of selling your luxury home in Albuquerque might be overwhelming. Although the luxury home market in ABQ is booming, selling a home with a high price tag is a nerve-wracking process. The key to a successful sale is making your home stand out among Albuquerque luxury homes for sale. Complete the steps below to make sure your property stands poised for a quick and profitable sale.
- Generate irresistible charm with curb appeal
- Create an attractive outdoor space
- Play up your pool
- Emphasize luxury finishes in your Albuquerque luxury home for sale
- Create a dedicated home office
- Make an effort to stand out among Albuquerque luxury homes for sale
The market for luxury homes in any area of the country is incredibly exclusive. The higher the price you list at, the more expectations potential buyers have. The Albuquerque real estate market provides exciting opportunities for buyers and sellers alike
Paying attention to what buyers want will reduce the amount of time your property spends on the market. It also keeps you from making any price cuts to close the sale. Read on to discover how you can make your home stand out among Albuquerque luxury homes for sale.
1. Generate irresistible charm with curb appeal
First impressions always matter when you’re selling a home, but even more so when you’re dealing with luxury real estate. If your property doesn’t look attractive from the street, buyers won’t have an incentive to come inside and see all of the positive aspects of your house. Generate interest and help your property stand out among Albuquerque luxury homes for sale by boosting curb appeal.
If you’re going to be making curb appeal upgrades prior to selling, you need to make sure they’re smart financial investments. For luxury properties, replacing the garage door and the front door, resurfacing the driveway and adding some drought-resistant landscaping can push your property over the top when it comes to boosting curb appeal. As an added bonus, they help increase the value of your home, sometimes providing you with a dollar-for-dollar return on investment.
2. Create an attractive outdoor living space
With people spending more time at home due to the pandemic, a practical outdoor entertainment space is one of the top items on the modern luxury homebuyers’ wish list. If you already have a deck or patio in place, give it a purpose by creating an outdoor kitchen and dining area. Make sure to provide plenty of privacy so that there are no potential distractions to take away from the natural beauty of your area.
This is a feature that gets buyers to pull out the checkbook. The more useful and attractive your outdoor living space is, the more likely you are to get the price you want for your property.
3. Play up your pool
Speaking of outdoor spaces, since the weather in Albuquerque can get quite hot, luxury buyers are looking for homes with a swimming pool. Now that people are spending more time at home, this fun outdoor feature is in even greater demand.
If you’re lucky enough to have a pool on your property, make sure it’s in excellent condition before you list. Perform any needed maintenance and repairs and consider adding a few extra bells and whistles to make your outdoor oasis truly special. Install a water feature to circulate the water and provide a focal point for your pool. You could even think about updating your outdoor lighting strategy to make this area even more attractive after dark. If you have a pool, make the most of it during the selling process.
This is a luxury feature that’s at the top of many buyers “want” lists. Make sure your pool is looking and functioning its best before the “for-sale” sign hits your front yard.
4. Emphasize luxury finishes in your Albuquerque luxury home for sale
When you’re working to make your property stand out among luxury Albuquerque homes for sale, it’s not enough to focus on the outside of your property. Once buyers have chosen to step inside, you need to wow them with top-of-the-line finishes. If you want to give the interior of your house some luxurious touches without breaking the bank, here are some simple projects to complete before listing:
- Replace faucets, doorknobs, handles and drawer pulls: It’s the little details that make the interior of a home truly sparkle and shine. Swapping out your fixtures with high-style options is a simple fix that makes a big difference in the way your home appears to luxury homebuyers.
- Invest in smart home automation: This is a feature that’s starting to become standard in all luxury homes. When you take care of this before listing, it’s something a buyer won’t need to take care of after move-in. From smart lighting systems to smart thermostats, buyers appreciate these modern conveniences and are willing to pay up for it.
- Maximize your storage space: While you shouldn’t be tearing out walls and making floorplan adjustments to create new storage areas, you should try to maximize your closets, pantries and even your garage to give buyers the impression that your home will accommodate all their belongings. Invest in a high-end closet system and consider putting some of your items in off-site storage to clear up some space during the selling process.
5. Create a dedicated home office
The effects of the pandemic have touched nearly every aspect of life, especially the way people work. Now that more people are working from home—and actually enjoying it—a dedicated office space is becoming one of the top must-haves for luxury homebuyers. Using a kid’s room, the dining room or a basement rec room just isn’t feasible when conducting business at home.
When it comes to home offices, luxury homebuyers are looking for a bit more than a spare bedroom with space for a desk. Offices in high-value homes should include plenty of features and amenities that make workdays feel like less of a chore. It’s a good idea to install built-in cabinets with strategically-placed outlets. You want to be able to connect all the devices you need to get work done. There should also be abundant light. If your office space doesn’t get enough natural light, stage the room with mirrors and quality lighting fixtures during the selling process to brighten up the room.
If you want your home to stand out on the luxury market, dedicating a room in your house as an office is a very smart move.
Make an effort to stand out among Albuquerque luxury homes for sale
Your luxury home is a significant investment. No matter the conditions of the real estate market, you need to put in the effort to generate buyer interest from the moment you list. Complete the steps above and get the professional opinion of a seasoned Albuquerque real estate agent to make the most of your investment and ensure a quick, successful sale.
Contact Myers & Myers Real Estate Inc. today to get your luxury home on the market and sold for the best possible price.
Check out homes for sale in Albuquerque, homes for sale in Rio Rancho, homes for sale in Corrales, homes for sale in East Mountains, homes for sale in Valencia County, and homes for sale in Los Lunas to see how we position your home to sell at the best possible price.