Are you asking yourself what do I need to do to sell my Albuquerque home? Your best return on investment will be cleaning, de-cluttering and packing up anything you do not need in the house. You will need to ask yourself if you want to sell your home with the existing paint, flooring, and appliances. Do you need to paint the entire house or can you paint a portion of your home. In most cases you will have some holes to patch in the walls and some touch up. You may want to hire others to perform this work if you are in a hurry or not very handy.
You want to make your home look as new as possible if you want to get the most out of your sale, in the least amount of time. Consult with Myers & Myers Real Estate early in the process to sell your Albuquerque home.
Home buyers are going to be much more critical of your home than they are of their own. Most people don’t dust their house top to bottom weekly, but they will notice if yours isn’t. It is critical to keep your home in show ready conditional at all times when your home is on the market.
Removing excess furniture will open up floor space in your home. De-personalizing and de-cluttering will invite prospective home buyers to imagine themselves living in your home. They will feel welcomed and relaxed; hopefully imagining where they might put their things!
You may be asking what do I need to do to sell my Albuquerque house. Follow this great check list in order to sell your Albuquerque home for top dollar and in the shortest time. You will also need a great real estate company and price the home properly to insure you sell your house in Albuquerque. Call Myers & Myers Real Estate at 505 401-7500 for a private consultation.
Sell My Albuquerque Home Checklist Front Yard
Home buyers get their first impression when they drive up to your home. Make this a great impression.
- Pull all the weeds.
- Rake and spread the rock to bare spots if you have southwest landscape
- Keep the lawn freshly mowed, edged, and fertilized.
- Prune bushes and plants to look healthy
- Do not allow shrubs or plants to block windows
- Remove anything that does not need to be in the front yard.
- Paint or clean the front door as needed.
- Replace or repair any rotten wood on the exterior
- Paint the trim on the home if needed.
- Look at your house objectively from your neighbor’s yard
- Sweep all walkways, patios, porches, and decks
- Pressure wash any stained or dirty concrete
You can use the check list above for your backyard also.
Sell My Albuquerque Home Checklist General
The home buyer’s next first impression is when they walk in the front door. Most home buyers make a decision within the first 5 seconds if they want to continue viewing your home. Evaluate what the buyer sees when they first walk into your home.
- Pack up all knick-knacks and figurines.
- Remove all furniture that you can live without.
- Rearrange furniture to make the rooms feel larger.
- Reduce, add, or remove plants to a balanced number.
- Remove all but a few decorative books from bookshelves.
- Pack away personal family photos to de-personalize the home.
- Reduce the amount of wall art to one or two items per room.
- Add lamps to any dark spaces to brighten the room.
- Avoid using Scented candles, sprays, and plug-in air fresheners.
Sell My Albuquerque Home Checklist Cleaning
Have your home deep cleaned, we recommend hiring a professional house cleaner. Hire a professional house cleaner or do these things yourself to sell your Albuquerque home. Cleaning your home is the best return on investment a home owner can make. A clean house also smells good!
- Ceiling Fans
- A/C and heater Intake Vents
- All horizontal and vertical surfaces
- Wash all windows inside and outside, don’t forget the tracks.
- Floors, hire a professional if your carpets need to be cleaned
- Light Switch and electrical plug Cover plates
- Light Bulbs
- Doors and Door Knobs
Sell My Albuquerque Home Checklist Kitchen
Remember that kitchens may be the most important room for home buyers. Make sure your kitchen shines if you want to sell your Albuquerque home.
- Clean the refrigerator, stove, oven, and microwave.
- Clear all items from kitchen counter tops, if you must leave anything there, leave the bare minimum.
- Clear all items from the front or side of your refrigerator.
- Replace burner pans on the stove if worn.
- Keep all mops, brooms, vacuums, etc., put away.
- Clean tile grout; bleach if needed.
- Empty the garbage before each showing.
- Remove any pet food and water dishes before showings.
- Organize pantry to look nice and neat.
- Box up any dishes & cooking supplies you can live without.
- Scrub/polish the sink to make it look like new again.
- Repair broken or loose corners on Formica counter tops.
Sell My Albuquerque Home Checklist Living & Family Rooms
- Remove as much furniture as you can and make these areas look livable. Keep furniture to a minimum.
- Keep coffee tables clear.
- Remove any ashtrays.
- Any toys should be stored out of sight.
- Use pillows and throws to soften the space.
Sell My Albuquerque Home Checklist Dining Room
- Keep dining table clear except for one nice centerpiece.
- Remove extra chairs from the table and dining room.
- Remove extra leaves from the table.
- Bottom of Chandelier should be at min. 60” from the floor.
- The table should seat 4 to 6 chairs max.
Sell My Albuquerque Home Checklist Bathrooms
- Remove everything from the bathroom that you can do without.
- Clean any moldy areas in the showers and baths.
- Replace caulking to make it look new again.
- Take off all cloth toilet lids and keep lids closed.
- Organize cabinets to be nice and neat.
- Clear and clean all surfaces.
- Fold towels in thirds on towel rack.
- Clean or replace all shower curtains.
- Hide garbage cans and cleaning supplies.
Sell My Home In Albuquerque Checklist Bedrooms
- Remove and pack any furniture not necessary.
- Organize closets to be nice and neat.
- Store daily necessities in drawers or closets.
- Keep closet doors closed.
- Keep all the floors clear and vacuum regularly.
- Clear off bedside tables, dressers, etc.
- Make beds daily.
- Remove all wall decor, other than a tasteful piece of art.
- Repair any holes or damage to walls
Sell My Home In Albuquerque Laundry Room Checklist
- Use bright light bulbs to make it look brighter
- Put soap and supplies in cupboards.
- Clear all surfaces.
- Remove any and all clothing, dirty or clean.
- Keep floors cleared of clutter and mop regularly.
Sell My Home In Albuquerque Garage Checklist
- Clean and sweep out the garage.
- Keep storage nice and neat.
- Power wash the garage floor if necessary.
- Repaint dirty areas.
- Pack anything you can live without.
I hope this check list will help you answer the question, what do I need to do to sell my house in Albuquerque. You only get one chance to make a great impression. Your first 30 days on the market are the most important days on market. Make the best of your first 30 days on market by completing this check list. We have a lot of other great tips to sell your home in Albuquerque Metro area.